Saturday, October 3, 2009

Catching up!

This week has been a combination of crazy and I just haven't had time to post. I went to see a speaker at UB on Wed while M was finishing up some work, so we all got home late. Thursday M and I went to see David Sedaris (yes, he's amazing). Friday was just oneof those days. So, here I am catching up :)

Wednesday Sept 30 - Penne arrabbiata and steamed broccoli with lemon and garlic (recipe in the comments from March 16, 2008)

Thursday Oct 1 - Oktoberfest dinner at Creekview in Willaimsville. Amazing as it was last year. We love this restaurant all year long, but this is particularly a good time of year to go. T thought it rocked.

Friday Oct 2 - Lamb rogan josh (updated recipe in the comments), rice, zesty spiced cauliflower. This was our first trial of a recipe we converted to the crock pot (back in December of '07) and it was pretty good. I think with the additions/changes we made this time around it can be considered perfect!

Saturday Oct 3 - Cauliflower gratin, grilled eggplants with balsamic, salad. I know cauliflower two nights in a row. It just didn't occur to me until I'd started cooking! It was very good, but not main dish-y enough. I think both M and I thought it needed more. In the end our mac and cheese with spinach is similar enough and MUCH more satisfying.

No comments: