Wednesday, October 24, 2007

As you probably already have read, I've heard that the average American family rotates through an endless cycle of the same ten dinners. This seems depressing to me and I really can't imagine that it's true. I propose to post what my husband (M), our toddler (T), and I (J) are eating each day in hopes that we'll be above average! Also, though, it's most important to hear from you. What are you eating? If we all share maybe we can up the national average by inspiring one another.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am pretty sure that we rotate a small number of meals, and I can separate the often, the frequent (1-2x/mo), and the frequent *restaurant* meals. We're a pasta heavy family and make 2 dishes regularly; asides from that it's pseudothanksgiving, a squash-based dish, bratwurst, salade nicoise, fajitas, chili, or shrimp stir fry. I'm more adventurous but there's somtething to be said for "comfort" food you know you both like that you can make in your sleep!

J said...

Especially when you're very busy! We're lucky in that we've been cooking together for so long that there are a wide variety of things we "make in our sleep". I'm interested to see how varied we *really* are by tracking with the blog though :)

David said...

Wowie Kazowie! These recipes sound so SO delicious, and it's making me so SO hungry! I need to try one of them this weekend! Thanks a bunch!