Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Saturday

Farfalle with almond tarragon pesto (recipe in the comments from April 18, 2009)
Sliced tomatoes with chives

Hot tea
______________________________________________________________
We tried this earlier in the spring and LOVED it. I knew it would be perfect when our summer tarragon plant was going nuts. Since the tarragon overwintered and began growing earlier than any of our annual herbs, we're already at the point where it needed a dramatic haircut. This was it. The pesto was again wonderful and, if anything, better with the freshest possible tarragon. I think the flavor was more intense. This is also SUCH an easy dinner. T and I made it this afternoon for a lovely family dinner. He picked the chives and insisted we use them, so I credit him with the side dish "recipe". The same cookbook this pesto is from has one for a tomato pesto an I expect we'll be trying that before too long here :)

Prep Notes
Difficulty: Super easy
Chopping: Tomatoes, chives
Time: 20 minutes
Make ahead: I think it would be fine to make the pesto early.

Reaction
J: "The benefits of homegrown herbs."
M: "Summer-y goodness."

No comments: