Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Wednesday - Ash Wednesday

Bree's lentil soup (recipe in the comments from March 3, 2008)
Grainy bread
Salad

Hot tea
______________________________________________________________
We took T to get ashes this evening for the first time, so I knew we'd be running late for dinner for him. This was a perfect crock pot night and since vegetarian (we used veggie broth) was the way to go, our lentil soup seemed like a good idea (Get it - Lent-il????). T and I prepped it this morning and it was waiting for us when we got home. Somehow the lentils didn't get as soft as usual, but it still tastes very good. M and I put it on high for a couple hours while we fed T, got him ready for bed, and then did some household stuff and the lentils seem softer.

Prep Notes
Difficulty: Long unattended simmering (in a crock pot or on the stove), but super easy prep.
Chopping: Onion, garlic
Time: 20 minutes prep; 1, 4, or 8 hours of cooking
Make ahead: This is excellent leftover and I always freeze some for later.

Reaction
J: "I wonder if T turned the crock pot down when I wasn't looking?"
M: "Good, but better softer."

No comments: