Friday, January 9, 2009

The New York Times has two articles up right now of relevance to my interests in food. The first is by Mark Bittman on what foods you should and shouldn't have in your pantry. I have to say that I disagree with him on a lot of fronts (read this old post about freshly ground pepper (and comment asides about Panko breadcrumbs) as a case in point), but I do think he has some interesting points. The second article is about 11 super foods that can improve your health that most people aren't eating. I am proud to say that we eat a lot of these foods on a regular basis (witness the Swiss chard in tonight's dinner), but I have to admit that I haven't jumped on the pomegranate juice bandwagon, nor do pumpkin seeds or sardines grace our table very often. That said, this is something to think about as we write our list tonight. Maybe frozen blueberries with cinnamon on pancakes this weekend???

Note: If you don't regularly read it, you'll need to register to read these articles at NYTimes.com.

No comments: