Friday, April 25, 2008

Friday

Spicy red lentil dahl (recipe in the comments from January 18)
Naan
Cucumber salad

Hot tea
______________________________________________________________
My mom is a big fan of another dahl recipe we have made in the past. It is truly amazing in taste, but involves a LOT of oil/butter. This makes it a heavy meal to eat and, of course, not the best for you. This is our first time making the lighter dahl for my mom, who really liked it. This one is a bit more complex in flavor, though easier to prepare. I think the mixture of spices is truly fantastic and the coconut milk adds richness without being overwhelming. This is also excellent warm or cold, making it great picnic/camping fare. All in all a great first homemade dinner after our trip!


Prep Notes
Difficulty: Easy
Chopping: Onion, garlic, cucumbers
Time: 25 minutes
Make ahead: Yes

Reaction
J: "Dahl-licious!"
M: "Classic M and J. Yum!"
L: "I think I like this one just as well!"

No comments: