Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Wednesday

Tuscan chickpea soup (recipe in the comments from May 22, 2008)
Spinach salad with oranges and feta with sweet lemon dressing

Hot tea
______________________________________________________________
Since rediscovering this soup back in May, we have been singing its praises. I have suggested it to a few friends and we made it once last fall when the blog was down. It is truly incredible and tonight was no exception. I also love this salad, which is just a bit of a departure from our standard salad greens and homemade dressing. The feat and orange really capture a flavor combo we enjoy. This is a perfect example of the importance for our level of variety of writing a good side pairing down. It's in cases like this, where I would never think of adding feta and orange to a salad on a normal night when I'm on autopilot, that such notes are godsends. Anyway, a great dinner all around!

Prep Notes
Difficulty: Easy
Chopping: Onion, garlic, Parmesan
Time: 30 minutes
Make ahead: This saves really well.

Reaction
J: "I really think it's the balsamic that makes it for me."
M: "Excellent!"

No comments: