Thursday, April 17, 2008

Thursday

Saag tofu (recipe in the comments from Jan 2)
Jasmine rice
Cucumber salad

Hot tea
Candy
______________________________________________________________
Apparently we didn't look back at the blog when we planned tonight's dinner as a welcome meal for my mom, L. We made this for her when she was visiting last January!!! I have no recollection of doing so, but, luckily, she liked it then and liked it now!!!! This is a great tofu recipe with plenty of leafy green spinach, without the heaviness of the saag dishes you get in most Indian restaurants. Trust me, I love that heaviness when I'm there, but am not inclined to cook that way at home. Anyway,this is a fabulous dinner that relies on our "no fail tofu" preparation. M was at a work related dinner, so it's just mom and I for reactions tonight.

Prep Notes
Difficulty: Easy
Chopping: Tofu, onion, garlic, ginger, cucumbers
Time: 35 minutes
Make ahead: This saves very well.

Reaction
J: "Tofu and spinach - what could be better?"
L: "Very delicious! A great combination of flavors."

No comments: